75100385

If someone makes a statement under oath to a mediation in court

Customer Question

If someone makes a statement under oath to a mediation in court confirming that they had shocks hands on a deal to buy a property for 6 million (including a defect to be made right) and celebrated with champagne do this constitute the basis of a contract. I.e does the statement taken by a barrister and written down by him constitute the basis of clarification of a handshake agreement.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : You want to use what was said in mediation for proceedings?
JACUSTOMER-ozqi3tax- :

I want to use the sworn statement the Solr/barister took from the buyer in proceedings yes.

Alex Watts : Did you sign a mediation agreement please?
JACUSTOMER-ozqi3tax- :

No. Not as far as I know.

Alex Watts : You need to check. Normally what is said and done in mediation
Alex Watts : This means that you can not use what is said or done in proceedings.
Alex Watts : But check the mediation agreement.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?