29905560

i bought a television, blue-ray, and surround sound system

i bought a television, blue-ray, and surround sound system four months ago paying £1600 ( £1,250 for the television). The surround sound will not hold (keeps slipping back to the t.v. sound ) The company that sold and installed the blue-ray , t.v., and surround sound system sent engineers first of all said it was a download issue. minuets after they left same problem ,2nd visit they took away my blue-ray box tested it (no problem) on the third visit they fitted an optical lead, to help ? with the problem and told me they needed to take my t.v. to repair it. I do not want a repaired t.v. costing £1250 and told them so, they told me they would only repair it and then told them i wanted my money back or a new t.v. they again said i would have to take the matter up with Sony (manufactures) will you please advise me how i stand legally , and what avenues are open to me Many Thanks CHRIS the GROMFER

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

When did the issues initially appear?

Customer:

Some time December. i wear two hearing aids so not until my son told me was i aware of the problem

Ben Jones :

ok let me get my response ready please

Ben Jones :

When a consumer makes a purchase from a business seller, they will have certain 'statutory' rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002.

The law states that the goods must be of satisfactory quality, as described and fit for purpose. If they are not, you will have certain legal remedies against the seller. The only time action can be taken against the manufacturer is under a manufacturer's warranty or guarantee. There is no protection against fair wear and tear, misuse or accidental damage, faults that were pointed out at the time of sale or if you change your mind and no longer want the goods.

If the goods are not as described, of satisfactory quality or fit for purpose, you have the following rights:

2. Ask for a repair or replacement – if you are too late to reject the goods, you can ask the seller for a repair or replacement without causing any significant inconvenience.

A useful rule is that if the goods are returned within the first 6 months after purchase, the law assumes that they did not conform to the statutory requirements at the time of sale. If the retailer disagrees, it is for them to prove that this was not the case. However, if the goods are returned more than 6 months after purchase, it would be down to the consumer to prove that the goods were faulty at the time of sale.

As you appear to be too late to reject the goods, you can still try and resolve this by contacting the seller and asking them for a repair or replacement. The law does not state who decides which is the option to be followed so this is something to be agreed between you and the retailer. You can quote the applicable laws and rules as mentioned above. If they appear reluctant to assist, write to them one more time, warn them that they have 7 days to comply and inform them that if they fail to meet their legal obligations, you will have no choice but to report them to Trading Standards and start legal proceedings to seek compensation for your losses.

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks

Customer:

I HAVE NOT

Customer:

I HAVE NOT HAD ANY ANSWER AT ALL

Ben Jones :

I posted the answer above about an hour ago, can you not see it?

Customer:

I CANNOT SEE ANY ANSWER

Customer:

Ben Jones says:

8:50 PM

8:50 PM

When did the issues initially appear?

<div class="JA_chatMsgAuthor"Customersays:

8:54 PM

8:55 PM

Ben Jones has entered this chat!

Ben Jones says:

8:55 PM

ok let me get my response ready please

9:09 PM

Ben Jones has stepped out of this chat.

9:09 PM

Ben Jones has entered this chat!

Ben Jones says:

10:00 PM

10:06 PM

I HAVE NOT

10:08 PM

I HAVE NOT HAD ANY ANSWER AT ALL

Ben Jones says:

10:08 PM

10:10 PM

I CANNOT SEE ANY ANSWER--------- TOTAL TEX

Styles

Customer:

Ben Jones says:

8:50 PM

8:50 PM

When did the issues initially appear?

8:54 PM

8:55 PM

Ben Jones has entered this chat!

Ben Jones says:

8:55 PM

ok let me get my response ready please

9:09 PM

Ben Jones has stepped out of this chat.

9:09 PM

Ben Jones has entered this chat!

Ben Jones says:

10:00 PM

10:06 PM

I HAVE NOT

10:08 PM

I HAVE NOT HAD ANY ANSWER AT ALL

Ben Jones says:

10:08 PM

10:10 PM

I CANNOT SEE ANY ANSWER

Styles

Ben Jones :

hmm apologies for that it is showing on my side, I will post it again

Ben Jones :

Ben Jones :

has it worked this time?

Customer:

YES YOUR REPLY HAS COME TO ME----- LAST QUESTION DO YOU THINK I HAVE A REMEDY BY TAKING THIS ISSUE TO COURT OR AM I WASTING HY TIME) ......(I'M AFTER A NEW T.V. OR MY MONEY BACK)

Ben Jones :

it is impossible to predict the outcome of a court claim unfortunately, but they will look at why you rejected a repair if it was a reasonable option that would have fixed the issue

Ben Jones :

Hi are you still there?

Customer:

SORRY I FELL ASLEEP

Ben Jones :

No problem, please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks

Customer:

GOOD SERVICE....

Ben Jones :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX best