75100385

I live in a housing association property my husband was the

I live in a housing association property my husband was the tenant, Iam now the tenant but they will not give me the right to buy with discount even though I have paid the rent for 38 years out of ma bank account not a joint account is there anything I can do

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Were you both named or just him? What happened to your husband please?
Customer:

only he was named. he died in november

Alex Watts : And I assume you succeeded?
Customer:

yes

Alex Watts : If you have succeeded then you have to be a tenant a number of years you gain the right to buy.
Alex Watts : For right to buy the clock only starts ticking from the time you succeeded.
Alex Watts : If you had been a joint tenant you would have had 38 years.
Alex Watts : But as you were not named, the time starts from November.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

thats fine thankyou