12826847

I have been sent a rejection of appeal regarding my representations

I have been sent a rejection of appeal regarding my representations about driving in a bus lane, something I would not knowingly do. I asked them for proof and they sent me 6 photos of the road with road markings, but not one of the photos contain a picture of me or my vehicle. In fact the photos are dated 2011. I'm not sure what to do now or how I stand.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to know if i have to pay, thats the first thing.

If this is a rejection from TFL then you can either pay or further appeal at this stage.

But if you do not appeal further then you will in the end have to pay because they will just hand it to bailiffs to enforce so it is important to do one or the other.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its not from tfl its from the LA

If its a council fine then you have two further routes of appeal but you must appeal or pay to avoid bailiffs attending.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I get away with not paying this fine if I appeal (which I have done) especially if they do not have any photos of my vehicle in the bus lane, that is the botXXXXX XXXXXne can they enforce this without photographic proof, how do I stand with this? Is it worth my while fighting this or will the outcome be that I will have to pay?

Please respond asap. I have to go out now but will be back in 2 hours.

Koo

will I be able to log back on or will you respond to my e-mail?

Only if the appeal is upheld.

Its not all that likely they don't have photographs. They may not have provided them but they are likely to have them.

Moving traffic contraventions are enforced by CCTV. The CCTV captures people misbehaving and the number plate is traced via the DVLA.

If they have traced you then there must be CCTV somewhere implicating you.

I suppose it is possible that a traffic warden witnessed it but not likely.