13262538

Hi I have A.D.H.D and have been subjected to reports of neglect

Hi I have A.D.H.D and have been subjected to reports of neglect and abuse towards my children by various professionals and so social services have placed my babies into my ex husbands care who has applied to the courts for residency of my boys.
The support that I had been asking for over and over, practical was never met and these people actually made our family life intolerable due to the demands made on me and my family for which the support I was seeking was never met, this resulted in my break up with my boyfriend whom I have a lovely little 2 year old daughter with. We work very well together as parents for the best interest of our child, we are still in a relationship just not living together however I have undergone significant major life changes which led me to have a break down. My ex husband is using 'unfit mother' as his case to obtain custody of our children. How can I challenge this and the reports made by various professionals?
how old are the children and how long have they lived with your ex?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

My eldest son is 11, 12 in April, my middle son is aged 10 and my youngest son is 5...my two younger sons both have a diagnoses of A.D.H.D... They have been with my ex for nearly a month. Origionally I was ill and the doctor was called out who said I was to have bed rest...The social worker phoned my ex husband and reminded him of his parental responsibilities as I was really unwell to look after my children as I'd contracted the flu after over coming various illness including a chest infection, I was under the impression that it was only to be a week or two, however behind my back my ex and the social worker have decided that my ex should apply for residence. Social Services are no longer involved.

What contact have you had with the children since the move?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

My husband has prevented me from having contact except via telephone

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Are you still online? I'm at my sisters using her computer as I don't have access to my own so was just wondering if it's possible to move the conversation on a little bit quicker? (sorry) as I am going home soon and the court case for residency is this Thursday.

Best wishes

Sarah x

My apologies for the delay
Is the hearing on Thursday the first hearing?
What contact have you asked for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX getting a little worried, I'm quite frantic at the moment as I'm concerned about my children and missing them terribly. I'm also scared about losing them.

Anyway this Thursday will be the first hearing. I haven't applied for contact yet, do I need to put in for a contact order? I only found out my ex husbands plans last Monday so my sister and I went to pick my children up from school but they had been kept off, we went to my ex husbands mothers but wasn't allowed to see them that's when I learned about the custody order, we went to the police station but they couldn't do anything.

With kind regards

Sarah

Ok
May I ask if it had been agreed with your ex that you would collect the children that day?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Sorry these questions aren't showing up straight away... No I hadn't made any plans with my ex husband as I was told by the social worker that we both had parental responsibility so I thought if I collected my children they would still be in my care. My ex-husband has put in for a prohibited steps as well as residency order and filled in another form which indicates that my children are subject to abduction and he is saying that I am emotionally abusing my children...I am aware of the game he is playing to the courts and I'd like advice to avoid such a nasty way of dealing with this case. I do however have my own concerns as I feel he is doing this for financial reasons as he cleared out my two elder sons savings accounts but I haven't collected the evidence of the receipts yet due to the fact that the children were in my care as we were settling our divorce. I didn't push for financial or custody of the children as I was trying to be decent.

Sarah

Thursday is the first step in the process not the end.
It will not be a simple process - but that can work to your benefit as it will give you time to show that you are indeed on the way to recovery.
On thursday you need to ask for face to face contact to be re-established - point out that the children are also missing out on contact with their youngest sibling.
Make it clear that at this stage you accept that you need to show that you are well enough to cope and this will take some time.
Just because Social Services are backing your ex does not mean he will win - but it does mean that you will have to propose a gradual resumption of care
So ask for a few hours after school twice a week and all day on saturday to start with and build up from there - and accept anything that is offered on that first day
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

I live in a different city to my ex husband and don't drive or have anyone who can offer transport will this be taken into account in regards XXXXX XXXXX arrangements as my ex husband has a car?

Sarah

Hi That makes mid week contact difficult but weekend contact should be possible Clare