12826847

My husband and I own a property with another couple. The property

Customer Question

My husband and I own a property with another couple. The property is rented out to a business. As we are in our early seventies we would like to sell the building, our co owners do not want to sell. What is the legal position?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

This is really simple.

If they don't want to sell but you do then you have to take them to court to seek an order for sale.

I don't know whether they will agree to buy you out? That might resolve the issue.

If not, you can force a sale but only at court.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/