29905560

I have has the misfortune to purchase a mobile from Ebay which

I have has the misfortune to purchase a mobile from Ebay which is counterfeit I have contacted ebay and the seller but with no satisfactory outcome any advice as to where I can go from here

Regards kelly

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you have the seller's details?

Customer:

Hello Ben yes I do its Seller ID: 01rashmi

Ben Jones :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX apart from that, for example is here any way for you to contact them outside of ebay?

Customer:

no I only contact through ebay's resolution center

Ben Jones :

ok let me get my response ready please

Ben Jones :

how did you pay by the way?

Customer:

through my paypal account

Ben Jones :

and has the resolution process finished?

Customer:

no I had to respond by the 19th of february or they will close the case

Ben Jones :

If you had purchased a counterfeit item on ebay then the first step is to follow their resolution process to try and get your money back that way. They could block the funds from the seller’s account or it could also be covered by their buyer protection policy, which applies if you had paid by paypal. So it is still possible that this will result in a refund and it will actually be your best option in getting anything back.

If the above does not produce the desired results then you are really only looking at taking legal action against the seller, such as through the small claims court. You would need their address and you may find that ebay are reluctant to disclose that due to data protection rules. Also even if you make the claim, there is no guarantee that the seller will respond to it or make attempts to repay you. It is unfortunately possible to evade the courts in these circumstances and just ignore the whole process, which means you are left to try and enforce the judgment which will inevitable result in more and more costs.

So continue with the resolution process but if that fails you need to be realistic about what you may be able to do next, remembering that legal action will be risky.

Customer:

Thank you for your help

Ben Jones :

You are most welcome. Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the advice I have provided as that is an important part of our process. Thank you and feel free to bookmark my profile for future help:

www.justanswer.com/law/expert-ben-jones/