12826847

Hi I have been charged with a speeding offence of 45mph over

Customer Question

Hi I have been charged with a speeding offence of 45mph over a 30mph road. I have not responded on time to it as a result, I am due in court on 12th of february and I intend to plea guilty. How can you help in writing a plea as I intend to represent myself in court

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to know if you are able to help in writing a plea of mitigation?

I can't it for you under the rules of this site but I can make suggestions and look over yours.

Are you charged with speeding alone?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is just speeding alone.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is just speeding alone

You are not planning on pleading by post ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I thought If I pleaded in person, it would make the judge more favourable to me.

Yes, and also you haven't got time to get the plea in by post now if this is in Wednesday.

With speeding offences, generally speaking, you want to be emphassing the shortness of any distance driven at speed, the absence of heavy traffic and clemency of weather conditions. Also, good visibility is always a helpful point.

Unfortunately this is a 30 mph zone so I imagine they are saying it was a busy street containing vulnerable road users. If it was quite at the time then that is always something to raise.

You should also point out the early guilty plea and any hitherto good driving record.

You are facing either 6 points or a ban of between 7 - 56 days and a fine. Realistically they are not going to give you an immediate ban but you might be facing more than 3 points to reflect the increased miles per hour over the speed limit.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.