75100385

We have Calor gas for our heating and water. A year ago we

We have Calor gas for our heating and water. A year ago we had to have a new 4-way valve system fitted because the old one didn't conform to regulations. This was fitted by CalorForce. In December, there was a leak coming from the connections from this fitting (they're called 'pigtails'), so we had to call Calor's emergency number.
When the fitter came, he noticed that the test valve which should have been fitted with the new system hadn't been, so he had to fit it himself.
We have been charged £162.72 for this and for the connections to be fixed. Our local delivery office is of the opinion that these fittings should not leak. CalorForce say that because we purchased the fittings they are our responsibility, but we never touch them so could not possibly have caused the leak ourselves.
Our local delivery office have agreed to give us 2 free tanks on our next order, but we are unhappy with the Customer Service. Three letters we wrote about this went unanswered.
Have you any advice please?
Carol Milburn

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Are c

Alex Watts :

Are Calor and ColarForce the same Company please?

Alex Watts :

The fitter that came is he from Calor too?

Customer:

Calor have a local office who supply us with gas - that's all they do.

Customer:

Sorry I pressed send by mistake. I will finish my answer.

Alex Watts :

ok !

Customer:

If there is a leak, you have to call CalorForce. They do all the fitting and repair work. I assume is an offshoot of the same company, but don't know for sure.

Alex Watts :

I see.

Customer:

Just looked at a bill - CalorForce is a Trading Division of Calor Gas.

Alex Watts :

So you purchased the fittings? They were not supplied by CalorForce?

Customer:

Yes they were, and we paid them.

Alex Watts :

Sorry you paid CalorForce for the goods and they fitted them?

Customer:

Yes.

Alex Watts :

Ok. In that case CalorForce would be liable for any wrong doing

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Customer:

That's what I thought. What do I do next?

Alex Watts :

If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

I don't think so. Thank you for your help.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/