75100385

I was recently talked into agreeing to use the services of

I was recently talked into agreeing to use the services of a company called ITRA who specialise in getting people out of timeshare agreements. They convinced me that Barclays Bank would just right off a nearly £30.000 loan and that the timeshare company Club La Costa would never ever release me from the timeshare and maintenance agreement. They estimated that the maintenance alone would be in excess of £43000 over the duration of the timeshare so it was in our best interest to pay them £4980 immediately to get out of Club La Costa. However six days later Barclays telephoned me to say they upheld my complaint and the loan was cancelled and likewise the timeshare and maintenance agreement with Club La Costa. I contacted ITRA immediately saying we no longer needed their services. However they don't reply to my telephone calls or e.mail. Is there anyone that can help me recover the money?.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

How much did you pay ITRA and how did you pay them please?

Customer:

Hi Alex, We were asked to pay £480 by visa at the meeting with ITRAs consultant in Exeter and iinstructed to pay a further £4500 the following day

Alex Watts :

Did you pay visa debit or credit card please?

Customer:

by electronic transfer from my bank to theirs.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Customer:

Visa credit card but bank transfer for the remaining £4500. How do I go about making a claim against them?

Alex Watts :

Can you see my response above?

Customer:

Yes thank you. I asked how do I go about making a claim if they do not respond.

Alex Watts :

If you can see my response it should detail the process.

Alex Watts :

But you can complete www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or complete form N1 and take it to Court http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else?