12826847

I paid for a advert for my business from a company and they

Customer Question

I paid for a advert for my business from a company and they did put the advert up, and will not give me my deposit back how can I get my deposit back from them?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Why have they not put the advert up please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, they said they put it up but it got damage so they took it down again. Which they did not and it now have gone 5 months and still no advert so I do not want it.

Sorry if I'm missing the point but you seem to be saying that they did run the ad?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The advert was for a 24 months, they say they put it up for less than a week.

Which they did not do.

Ok.

But they now accept that it did not run full term?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They will not reply to me

Are you happy to sue them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes if I can claim my cost as well

You can claim your costs but they would be very minimal. This is a small claims court sum so the costs would be fixed.

There is really no other option here though. On anybody's account the advert did not run properly. I'm not sure on what basis they think they can keep the money in those circumstances. Sometimes companies do just ignore a complain in the hope that it will go away so that might be it.

You can issue here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

But its a good idea to send them a letter before action warning them of your intention to sue within 28 days if they do not pay. Maybe they will. Maybe not but its worth an effort for the price of a stamp.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/