75100385

I am appearing in court tomorrow for theft of vunerable adults

I am appearing in court tomorrow for theft of vunerable adults in the care home I worked for , it is my first offence , and was stupid to do it, I admit to stealing up to 1500 but they have charged me with other thefts that I haven't done , I am so worried I haven't told anyone at all

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

How much is alleged please?

Customer:

Total 12 thousand . I agree with approx 2000

Alex Watts :

Is this the first hearing tomorrow? Do you have a Solicitor please?

Customer: Yes first tmw and no I don't have never been in trouble before , will I go to prison
Alex Watts :

It is possible.

Alex Watts :

You can plead guilty on a basis which you admit the £2000 and not the £12,000

Alex Watts :

The Prosecutor will decide whether that is acceptable.

Alex Watts :

If it is then you will be sentenced on that basis which you will probably get a Community Order.

Alex Watts :

Otherwise you would have to plead not guilty and the matter would be set down for trial.

Alex Watts :

If you are convicted then the starting point is 18 weeks custody with the range from high level community order to committal to the Crown Court.

Alex Watts :

It is possible that you could go to prison therefore you need to make sure you ask for the duty solicitor tomorrow.

Alex Watts :

Customer: Would I be convicted tmw , as I have no previous convictions and I am so worried I know nothing about courts etc
Alex Watts :

If it is the first hearing and they accept the £2000 then yes you would be convicted tomorrow but sentenced in about 3-4 weeks.

Alex Watts :

If you plead not guilty then you will not be convicted tomorrow.

Alex Watts :

The court would then decide when the trial would be, which would be another day

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer: Does that mean I would go home tmw , I'm do sorry for stupid questions I know nothing about these things
Alex Watts :

Yes it would mean you go home tomorrow.

Customer: So I am guilty for 2000, but definatly not the rest , I admitted the 2000 from the stArt , but because of the theft that I stupidly done will they not think I stole 12000
Alex Watts :

Yes. I imagine it would be set down for a trial regarding this for a Court to decide whether they believe the £2000 or the £12,000

Customer: What do you mean a trial , will I be kept in prison tmw
Alex Watts :

If you are on bail now, then you should be on bail when you leave tomorrow.

Customer: Thank you , I am so worried will they take my previous good character in the decision , as I am so ashamed of what I done I haven't told anyone , as I live in the south now and have to travel to the north for the court hearing
Alex Watts :

Yes your previous character helps you.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/