13262538

I am splitting up with my partner(not married) we live together

I am splitting up with my partner(not married) we live together in a house which I pay the mortgage on and all the bills. She put the deposit down for the house which was £12000 and she is the one leaving. What rights does she have..I am willing to pay her back the £12000 which she put into the house is this the correct thing to do?
How much is the property now worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Did she protect her investment in the property with a Declaration of Trust?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good evening Clare,

The property is roughly valued at 170,000 and i have a mortgage for around 90,000 with another 23 years outstanding. No we didnt have a declaration of trust.

I look forward to your response thanks Derek

So how much were you intending to offer her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we had discussed 24,000 but things have become a little stressed at the moment,really what i need to know is how much i am legally obliged to offer.

It is bad news I am afraid.
There is equity in the property of £75,000 allowing for costs of sale and your ex is entitled to 50% of this -£37,500.
She could argue for more since she paid the deposit - but your counter argument would be that you alone paid the mortgage over the years.
I am sorry to give bad news - please ask if you need further details