29905560

Is the work of XXXXX XXXXX still under copyright or can it

Customer Question

Is the work of XXXXX XXXXX still under copyright or can it be reprinted freely?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. The copyright in literary works expires 70 years after the end of the calendar year in which its author dies. Assuming you are referring to the author and poet Edward Thomas who died in 1917, the copyright of his works would have expired in 1987. As such all of his works would not be in the public domain and free to publish

JACUSTOMER-p9f1xwbu- :

The last sentence's meaning is unclear. His work is not in the public domain? So not free to publish?

Ben Jones : Hi, it automatically goes into the public domain once the copyright expires. In what sense do you mean that if is not in the public domain? To be in the public domain it simply means that it is free for the public to use, it does not actually mean that all of his works will be released somewhere specifically so that others can use it
Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks