UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello I am being sued in the Isle of Man and I am counterclaiming

I am being sued in the Isle of Man and I am counterclaiming there for breach of contract. I have a strong case. The other party are delaying. I fear that they are delaying while they reorganise their assets so that when they lose there is nothing to pay me with. Is there anything I can do to prevent that? For example, can I ask the court to demand disclosure of any significant transactions that will prejudice me? Can the court order that they must get permission before they undertake any such transaction, or similar?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you.

Does the other party have assets in England?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I don't think so. The assets of the company are in the Isle of Man. It is a holding company that owns shares in other companies around the world.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, you may certainly apply to the court for interim orders against the other party to maintain the "status quo" (i.e. keep everything the way it is) pending determination of its claim and your counterclaim.

Whether the court grants you the order is another matter.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience