75100385

I need advice on a ppi I have payed from January 2007 to November

Customer Question

I need advice on a ppi I have payed from January 2007 to November 2013.
From March 2007 to October 2013, I lived in Botswana as a resident. On my return to UK I found out I should not have been paying this. Can I claim my money and interest back ? Regards Steve.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : I assume this was a uk loan?
JACUSTOMER-flc61q75- : Yes, it was an HSBC Mortgage, and the ppi was linked to the mortgage.
Alex Watts : Ok. If it has been less than 6 years since your last PPI payment you can claim it back.
Alex Watts : You need to go to http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/contact-us/payment-protection-insurance
Alex Watts : Write to HSBCat
Alex Watts : HSBC, PPI Complaints, PO BOX 6177, COVENTRY, CV3 9HP,
Alex Watts : They will manage the claim.
Alex Watts : IF THEY
Alex Watts : If they reject it or you are not happy then you can complain to the ombudsman.
Alex Watts : They are free and are located at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Alex Watts : But write to hsbc first and set out your claim and you should be refunded.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-flc61q75- :

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
JACUSTOMER-flc61q75- :

Thank you please advise if they pay interest on amounts payed into policy?

Alex Watts : Generally they do not but there is no reason why you can't claim interest. But bear in mind Bank of England rate is currently 0.5%
Alex Watts :

Please remember to leave feedback before you go today