75100385

Hi I closed my bank account with Barclays, and now they are

Customer Question

Hi I closed my bank account with Barclay's, and now they are saying I owe them £536.83.How this happened is after I closed my account down asking to check if I owed any bank charges once satisfied I handed my bank card over to the cashier to destroy. I left a savings account open in case a win fall should happen but I left 79 pence in the account in order to keep it open but out of the savings account they paid for a flight to tenerife with Ryanair and a weeks stay with a holiday company witch I never had and insist that I owe them. How can they use a account with 79 pence in beats me. They would not grant me an overdraft when I bank with them so why did they pay the £536.83 for a holiday that I never had. Would you please assist me with this problem.

Thank you william rodgers.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Who paid for a flight to Tenerife, who made the booking please?
JACUSTOMER-8zqs3jbh- :

initially I tried to book a flight to Tenerife but it was cancelled due to lack of funds because the bank took £170 in bank charges I knew I had 1 or 2 to pay but the amount that they took left me £45 pounds short. for the flights. I then knew that we had lost the holiday as we could not fine a flight witch would get us there in time for the weeks stay that is one of the reasons why I decided not to bank with the Barclays any longer, I tried to see if the holiday firm( Resorts Direct )could let us take the weeks the next month october but they where fully booked so that was that holiday money losted. I just think what was the reason that they took so long to take the money,I had the funds in the account to pay them the day I closed it I asked and they checked and assured me that the account was clear The second thing is I could not arrange an overdraft but yet paid money out of a savings account with just 79 pence in it.

Alex Watts :

So it was using your card?