12826847

Hi I was just wandering if someone was to commit council tax

Hi I was just wandering if someone was to commit council tax fraud when in a joint tenancy, could the tenancy be ended by one of the other tenants?
The tenancy is a fixed term joint tenancy between 5 students and one guy who is not a student lives within the property.
on the agreement under "your responsibility" part g it states, pay all council tax, water and sewage charges when they become due and agree that i am not resposiable for those if you do not pay them

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Has the other tenant paid any council tax please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nope they delibratly lied on the form as to not have to pay

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

also the enviroment in the house has become very hostile and they are planning on lieing again when it come to the council tax being investigated but forget that the place that he has been working is owned by the local council

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

also how do I rate your answers

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting and relisting before I have responded.

I'm afraid that this is neither grounds for the tenant or any of the joint tenants nor for the landlord to end the tenancy.

This is a fraud upon the local authority and not a fraud upon the other tenants or the landlord.

It would be interesting to know where the University got the information from the council tax fraud could be used to end the tenancy as it is nonsense.

It may be grounds for the remaining tenants to terminate the agreement between them, but they would still be responsible for the rent due from that tenant and for replacing him.

It is not a ground that I would be relying on.

I am sorry that this is bad news for you

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.