12826847

my neighbour has complained to the council about noise that

Customer Question

my neighbour has complained to the council about noise that we are making within our property. the council have written to me to say that noise monitoring devices have been installed and within a 11 day period two cases that they felt were unacceptable happened. one was noted as being between 8.41pm until 9.21pm on a friday evening and another one between 11.15pm until 1.17am.
i really need help to understand the consequences of this and also how to challenge the councils findings. my argumant all the way along has been that the chimney breasts on my neighbours side have been removed and this is now allowing noise to travel through the party wall. the noise level as written by the council says that "the music was extremely intrusive within the complainants home, increasing noise levels by approxmiately 20dBA which is very significant"

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where do i stand in contesting what the council have said in regards to the noise etc

how would the fact of chimney breasts mean the council listening devices would be able to hear noise at unacceptable levels?