12826847

I have had a PCN issued by Wirral council at a bus stop with

Customer Question

I have had a PCN issued by Wirral council at a bus stop with a sign marked no stopping except buses. I only used the bus stop to alight passengers as it was the only safe place to drop my passengers safely, as is my duty of care. I appealed and the Council said there was no provision for taxi's to use the bus stop even though taxi's can use bus lanes and legally light/alight passengers and wait on double yellows due to a high court ruling for 2009. I also argued that the buses are using taxi ranks outside train stations in Wirral but the Council said they were allowed. Does the Case Law of 2009 set a legal precedent that allows taxi's to use bus stops if there is no other place to safely light/alight passengers. The Council is reasonably preventing taxi drivers from providing the door to door service for which they are licensed for.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will get back to you later with the specific case law, must go to work now. Thank you Jo

OK.

Come back when you can.