29905560

I was working as a temp for a company for two weeks. During

I was working as a temp for a company for two weeks. During that time I had an altercation with a couple of employees there.

After the backlog had been worked through the company let me go which is fine. They claimed that one of their managers spoke to me on my last day to talk to me about my attitude and also to inform me on my last day. This is untrue.

Since then I have contacted the management their twice about this claim that one of their management spoke to me and they maintain I was spoked to by a specific person by the stairs on the ground floor. I asked to make a complaint against the manager who is lying about this and they told me I have to make a complaint through the agency.

The agency have agreed to put in a complaint for me but they also said "so if they look at CCTV they won't see you talking to this manager at that specific time on that day?" I said no they won't as the conversation never took place.

I would like to know what options are available to me?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

What do you hope to achieve please?

Customer:

Just trying to find out what my options are

Ben Jones :

OK, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX this with me - I will look into this for you, get my response ready and get back to you on here. No need to wait around and you will get an email when I have responded, thank you

Customer:

Ok thanks for your help in advance

Ben Jones :

by the way what have the repercussions been of all this?

Customer:

well there was a mix up between HR and agency

Customer:

agency told me management spoke to me twice about my attitude

Customer:

weve cleared that up now but only after i phoned the company twice

Customer:

but agency still blieve i was spoken to on my last day even though i have told them i wasnt

Customer:

sorry for my typing

Customer:

Im just not happy about management lying about a made up conversation

Customer:

esp as they didnt need to say any of that in order to let me go

Ben Jones :

ok your option are rather limited here - I agree there was a mix up, even though it has now been sorted, but you have not suffered any losses, you do not have a black mark against your reputation, or suffered any other quantifiable effects. Legal action is not going to work in any way here. This is really something that you can just pursue through any available complaints procedures, as yo have done. If they refuse to listen to your complaint, then you cannot force them to either - you are not employed by them and as such are no longer bound by their procedures.

Customer:

OK

Customer:

the main point im making is that one of the management have lied about me

Customer:

but I guess there is nothing that can be done unless they do have CCTV

Customer:

I think the agency may have mentioned CCTV to trip me up

Customer:

anyway thanks for your help. Ill leave you to help someone else

Ben Jones :

I understand, but even if someone lies about something it does not mean you have automatic rights to pursue this - for example a lie can be pursued but only if you have suffered losses as a result, which have not occurred here

Customer:

ok thanks

Ben Jones :

you are most welcome, sorry of it was not the answer you were hoping for but obviously have to give you an honest opinion