12826847

I took a drink awareness course, and got 6months off my ban.

Customer Question

I took a drink awareness course, and got 6months off my ban. I was apparently legal to drive on the 6 2 2014 I had my medical on 11 2 2014 what was the point of me taking the course if it can take up to 90 days for a result

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

The course reduces the period of ban imposed by the Court.

If the DVLA have separately revoked your licence probably for medical reasons then that is an unrelated matter.

The truth about the drink driving awareness course is that it is often not worth doing if the DVLA have separately revoked your licence but thats a decision for the defendant in his individual circumstances rather than one by the court.

The offer that the Court made to you about shaving off a period of your ban was accurately. Its just that it does nothing about the revocation of the DVLA which is something the court would not have known about at the time.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.