29905560

My partner has worked for police in a civilian forensic post

My partner has worked for police in a civilian forensic post for 25 years and is exceptional at the job she does and as part of employment has to provide details of family, myself and children as part of her vetting procedure which she has undertaken a few times over the last 25 years and there has never been a problem. Now she has received a letter saying she needs to attend a vetting interview. What is this for. I have numerous debts which my partner does not know of.and I am.terrified that they will tell her or mention them at this interview. I am sick with worry and dont know what to do or if I am worrying unnecessarily.help and advice please

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Has she had an interview in the past?
Customer:

No she hasn't had an interview before,that's why I am worried that it something to do with debt I have accumulated over last year or 2.

Hello, sorry I wasn’t online when you replied this morning. At this stage it is impossible to predict why the employer wants to hold an interview with her and you should not automatically think the worst that it is to do with your debt. However, as part of the usual vetting process, police officers and staff do have financial checks because they are in a position of trust and would be expected to be able to manage their debts. So there is indeed a possibility that this could be to do with the debts, although it will depend on whether they may be seen as a cause for concern. Of course, no one apart from the those that have arranged the meeting can say with certainty what the purpose of it is. I cannot tell you with 100% certainty that you have nothing to worry about, neither can I say that your debts will definitely be disclosed, just that the risk is there. So how you go about this is up to you – you can come clean and just be honest about this, I cannot tell you how to run your relationship and what to tell your partner but you may wish to try and minimise any future damage by discussing this issue with her.

I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you and feel free to bookmark my profile for future help:

www.justanswer.com/law/expert-ben-jones/