31090051

Hi,If I am providing a service whereby I edit literature

Hi, If I am providing a service whereby I edit literature made by other people who submit small snippets to me, will I in any way be breaching copyright law?

It is always made clear that I will take no responsibility if the writer submits material that they know is not theirs. My services simply act as an editor of text. 

As a private editor you have no liability for content so you can't breach copyright law.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply. So if somebody submits a snippet of text that belongs to somebody else under copyright unwittingly to myself, I edit or enhance the text and send it back, do I hold any responsibility by any law for the breach of copyright?

No because you are not the author of the work. You are being paid to edit text, not creat the work.