31090051

Hi,If I am providing a service whereby I edit literature

Hi, If I am providing a service whereby I edit literature made by other people who submit small snippets to me, will I in any way be breaching copyright law?

It is always made clear that I will take no responsibility if the writer submits material that they know is not theirs. My services simply act as an editor of text. 

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

As a private editor you have no liability for content so you can't breach copyright law.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply. So if somebody submits a snippet of text that belongs to somebody else under copyright unwittingly to myself, I edit or enhance the text and send it back, do I hold any responsibility by any law for the breach of copyright?

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
No because you are not the author of the work. You are being paid to edit text, not creat the work.