12826847

I have been on DLA since 1995 they sent me a renewal form to

I have been on DLA since 1995 they sent me a renewal form to fill in, on the 7/11/2013. I filled it in sent it back on the 20/11/2013. I was 73 years old on the 7/1/2014. The (DWP) said i will have to have a medical. Could you please tell me iff this is usual or unusual.
My Health is a lot worse now than in 1995. Thanking you . Mr FJ Washington.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Is there a reason you think this might be unusual please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi JO, i think it is very unusual because i have been on it for 19 years and it is suppose to be indefinit. Fred.

It might well have been indefinite but they have a policy of reviewing all indefinite DLA claims.

That doesn't mean that it will be removed from you. They are just asking you to sign a declaration to the effect that nothing has changed and they may send you for a medical to confirm your condition. However, if it exists and there are no problems then they will not remove your DLA.

This is not anything about you per se or your claim. Its just the Government's new policy of conducting more regular checks.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.