THIS IS AN UNBELIEVABLE december last year i moved

THIS IS AN UNBELIEVABLE december last year i moved to do a house share with a woman..very soon i realised that things were "not quite right with her" she didnt work..told me she worked in media and was oftern on location, i lent her money to buy her horses food, a chicken also lived in the house,, i was oftern away at my partners..he and i were due to go to Dubai over new year,when away she said my bedroom window had blown open and serious concerns about her and had began to remove essential paperwork etc from the house, she also told me she had had a brief relationship (2 weeks) with the next door neighbour, they fell out badly, she told me she had a key cut , he didnt know and was accessing his home and removing property, she also contaminated his water supply, now im very concerned. also the previous tennant was aFarrier,,she had lots of his clothes and equiptment in sheds etc..and iv proof she sold his property..unknown to me,, both these people have made police complaints against her..more than once.
On return from Dubai, i didnt go home she began sending me really abusive texts,,i had already decided to move out, sat 1st feb, i told her to keep my deposit and i would collect my property by Friday7th, she said she was changing the locks and my deposit was to pay for the window??? next day i went to the property ALL my possesions were in the garden..and i mean lovely furnature with contents, laptop, clothes shoes...everything, i asked her to put the things indoors (not only due to weather, but there was a public right of way through the gardens) she refused, i involved the police who did visit her and said they would arrest her if she didnt. next morning accompanied by the police i arrived with a van and help to move my things..lots wasa already missing, i mentioned this to the police, also a bag of clothes that were a mans, which i mentioned and the police said to just leave those.
the police said make a list of whats missing and call 10 in a day or so..which i did..they said "your word against hers"??? i told them about the previous tennant also and the neighbour...they said up them to report (i didnt know at this point investigations were ongoing",,i traced the farrier to a pub and the landlord had him contact me..she had stolen lots from him and sold it, i also spoke to the neighbour..due to my new info she should be arrested..also the sunday prior shed sold a Anvil and a drill to a friend of mine who is a consultant anaesthetist, also Toby the farrier, had his mail my time there i never received one item of mail, when i moved there i mailed the RBS my home iv now communicated this story to them over last few days..they have just said to me they didnt recieve my letter..thus i was not insured..i explained that mail was being intersepted and i didnt know that they didnt know of my address change..the police are going to search her house next week, iv lots of precious things missing, as well as malicious damage to property, what can i do? im homeless, my things are in a garage and conservatory, kkind regards Gillian.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, what can i do about the insurance company, they are saying they didnt recieve my letter of change of address, and wont process any claim,,the police i reported this to said it was over £5000 so far.thank you

You cannot do anything about the partner's articles because that is for him to deal with.

You are entitled as a lodger to at least one week's notice. However , the reality is that probably not worth taking her to court.

If any of your items are still in the house, that becomes a police matter.

If she gave you notice that she was going to put your stuff outside if you did not move out, then you have no claim for damages.

If however she did not give notice and simply do that, you're entitled to compensation for any items which was stolen or damaged by the weather.

That will be an issue that you have to take through the Small Claims Court.

You are under a duty to advise the insurance company of anything that may change their attitude to risk and this would certainly include changing your address, and becoming a lodger.

If the insurance company refused to pay up, the only recourse that you can have apart from taking the insurance company to court which would not be high on my list of suggestions is to make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman that the insurance company are refusing to pay out.

I think it unlikely that the insurance company will be told by the Ombudsman to pay up, but it is certainly worthwhile referring the matter on them for them to decide the issue.

The link to the Financial Ombudsman service is here

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX been told, she is being arrested for theft/burglary/criminal damage, for the next door neighbor, they have reopened the farriers investigation, and will be searching her property on my behalf next week,my main issue is RBS denying they received my change of address, iv never ever claimed in my life from insurance, also it was a illegal eviction, she didnt say she was going to do that madness, she has no money, she in fact ows me money i lent to her to buy horse food (so she said) .. thank you , have a super weekend.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile