i posted an article on Facebook about a child with allergies

i posted an article on Facebook about a child with allergies and subsequently had a short chat to a friend and finished my comment saying that i felt my child was well looked after in school but that the school were not pro active enough especially as a child had previously died in the school.
The following week i was asked to attend the school with head governor and head mistress with regards XXXXX XXXXX comment and questioned as to how any one thinking about sending their child to the school (no school name was mentioned) or how the parents of the child who died may feel.
Were the school within their rights to call me in and speak to me please?
Thanks in advance

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did anything happen as a result please?

no i was just spoken to about it and after they said that only the three of us knew about this and if anyone else did then it would be because i shared it which made me feel as though i had a dirty secret. As this is a true fact i don't understand why i have been spoken too in this way i feel as if all i have done is upset them because they would prefer to forget it ever happened. Also if neither of them do face book how did they know what i wrote so somebody else must have brought it to their attention . Maybe I'm being over sensitive. I used to do voluntary work for one afternoon a week at the school but don't want to do it anymore and also have deleted everyone from the school off my face book.

Alex Watts : So not action was taken, it was just a meeting?

yes no action was taken

Alex Watts : Ok. In that case I would not be concerned. This was just a meeting.
Alex Watts : Does the school have a right to call you in and speak - yes.
Alex Watts : If action would have been taken then this would be a different matter and they would need to follow their own rules and procedures.
Alex Watts : But in this case it sounds like they just wanted to air their concerns and have a chat.
Alex Watts : Nothing has come from it and therefore I would not be too concerned.
Alex Watts : If you want to take it further you could complain to the Council as they would fund the school.
Alex Watts : But you don't want to open a can of worms.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

no thats great thanks very much. Im amazed they have the power to talk to you about something thats true. I appreciate your help thanks again

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience