12826847

I am having insurance repair work carried out. Do I have a

I am having insurance repair work carried out. Do I have a right to copies of all insurance claim inspection reports by the claim adjusters, and any other inspectors?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Is there a reason you require copies of these please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, As a home owner in the UK when selling, the seller requires proof of what was repaired. My insurance company states it is my right, yet the assessor refuses.

You are entitled to any warranties in respect of the work. It is not unreasonable for that to include the reports.

The assessor is instructed by the insurance company and should do what the insurance company says.

Ask the insurance company to write to the assessor telling them to release these documents to you.

If the assessor will still not do it, you will have no alternative but to make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman about the insurance company using a non-compliant agent.

The service is free, whereas taking the Insurance company to court obviously involves risk and cost