13262538

Hi I am still waiting my reply thanks charlie

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
What is it that you would like to know?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

CAN I REFUSE TO PAY AS I HAVE HAD ALL MY FATHERS RIGHTS TAKEN 15YEARS AGO WHEN MY WIFE PUT THE CHILD IN ANOTHER NAME YOU HAVE THE GENERAL IDEA WHAT THE SET UP IS FROM FIRST REQUEST THE CSA AFTER ALL THESE YEARS HAVE ASKED ME TO START PAYING MAINTENANCE THE CHILD IS 16 YEARS OLD IN JUNE 2014

I am afraid that I cannot access anything other than this thread can you explain a little more about this
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I MARRIED MY EXWIFE AND WE WERE TOGETHER FOR 10 WEEKS I WAS UNAWARE THAT SHE WAS PREGNANT WHEN I LEFT HER SOME TIME LATER SHE CONTACTED ME TO SHE HAD HAD THE BABY AND SHE WOULD NOT BE PUTTING THE CHILD IN OUR MARRIED NAME SO I WOULD NOT HAVE ANY RIGHTS OVER THE CHILD I HAVE A PARTNER KNOW SHE HAS TWO CHILDREN THAT I SUPPORT AND WE ALSO HAVE ANOTHER CHILD TOGETHER CAN I OPT OUT OF PAYING MY EX-WIFE ANY MAINTENANCE AS THE CHILD DOES NOT BEAR MY NAME IF I CANT HOW LONG WILL I HAVE TOPAY

When was the baby born and do you believe that the child is yours
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi the baby was born in 29/6/1998 I am not sure that the baby is mine. the CSA have told me to take a DNA test but I refused that was last week

Why did you refuse?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

because I feel that is against human rights why should after all this time when it suits my ex-wife to start to interfere with my life

Hi Mark
I do understand how you feel but unless you wish to end up paying maintenance for potentially the next four years for a child who may not be yours then you need to ask for the DNA test to be done
Sadly if the child is yours the fact it has a different name and you have never met does not mean that you will not have to pay child maintenance
The rate will be12% of 84% of your gross income and you have to pay while the child is under 20 and in full time (more than 12 hours a week) Secondary education
I know that this is not the news you wished to hear - but sadly it is the position that you are in
Please ask if you need further details