There are two main objections regarding payments from from joint maintenance fund.
1) Payment to the accountant of £300. He was aware of the accountant as he questioned why I had appointed one and I said that the lease asks us to appoint one to audit the books. He never objected to it until now because he is disgruntled that I objected to his extension based on 'trespass'. The neighbours also objected for the same reason. The council did not approve of the drawings.
I have offered as a good will gesture to return the money but he still has not replied and my lawyers are getting extremely frustrated with him.
2) This payment was for a UVPC window £510 that replaced the existing one because he failed to inform me of the severe damage to the wall and subsequently my window frame was so soft through the rain that it could not be saved. He also made it very difficult to builders to gain access to the back garden and it was not done for a further 3 months. He sent me an email agreeing for my back windows to be done including the kitchen window. He was away and I made the decision to change the frame with the maintenance fund as window frames were included in the lease. He could have thought it was to be renovated and painted but this would have cost more than the UVPC window.
The changes to the questionnaire were;
He did not agree that the reason for the conversion not going ahead was the restrictive covenants that does not permit building onto the property. So to please him I agreed and said it was the outcome of the planning application. He has not responded.
That works to the front of the house was not scheduled for spring 14 but to be asap. I accepted it to be asap but suggested he speak with the new purchaser. He has not responded.
That the maintenance payments be increased to £50 a month. He says he agrees to this although following several emails he had never responded so I documented that I was yet to hear from him related to this. He has not responded.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX my expectation of my lawyer but she says I needed to go to another lawyer for that!! As that's another specialty!! Very odd, I thought it was all of the same thing.
I appreciate that answer and will get on to it.
Yes I agree!! I've provided my solicitors with all the evidence of him agreeing for works to be done and so I think it's up to the new purchaser, who happens to be a builder (as i've lost the last one!!) to decide if that's enough to satisfy i'm in the right. My neighbour has contacted my solicitor saying that he agrees to all the questions other than 3 points and I have agreed to his changes so they have that as well. It's just madness and my neighbour is just being childish.
Thank you for your help, you've been brill. You don't want to do the letter for me do you? ha ha