Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

This enquiry regards XXXXX XXXXX of an equity release agteement.

This enquiry regards XXXXX XXXXX of an equity release agteement. My wife and I, both pensioners, entered into an agreement and signed documents on the 12th of this month (three days ago). The more we've thought about it the more we realise that it was a mistake. We want to cancel. Is this covered by a cooling-off period.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

So that I can answer you fully, have you got as far as instructing a Solicitor and signing the papers with him?

I look forward to hearing from you.

AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, a solicitor isn't involved at this stage. We've just signed and returned the initial agreements to the intermediary to set the process in motion.

Hi again,

Thanks for your reply.

Well, I am pleased to say you are free to pull out at any time before you sign the Mortgage Deed with your Solicitor.

Please therefore contact the Company to confirm you have decided not to proceed.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind Regards
AL