75100385

My neighbour has alleged that a roof tile off my roof

Customer Question

My neighbour has alleged that a roof tile blown off my roof in the recent storms fell onto his conservatory and scratched the glass. He says he will give me an estimate to replace the panels and that I must claim on my house insurance. Is this correct?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

No he is wrong.

Alex Watts :

You are only liable if you were negligent in any way.

Alex Watts :

The truth is that this is an act of God and he must claim off his insurance.

Alex Watts :

You are only required to pay if you were negligent, ie you knew they were lose and did nothing

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-vad4d8mh- :

Can I tell my neighbour this as he is quite an intimidating sort of man .....always in the right!

Alex Watts :

Yes indeed you can.

Alex Watts :

Put it in writing if you refer.

Alex Watts :

But he has no claim against you.

JACUSTOMER-vad4d8mh- :

Can I use this information in a print out to show him?

Alex Watts :

Indeed you can.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else?

JACUSTOMER-vad4d8mh- :

I don`t think you could be any more helpful, do you think I have enough information or do I need anything else?

Alex Watts :

I think you have everything.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Alex Watts :

Please take a moment to leave feedback before you go today