12826847

I applied for a dbs,and they want to include my sons convictions

Customer Question

I applied for a dbs,and they want to include my sons convictions on my disclosure,what can I do to prevent this

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What are his convictions ?

Are you working with children or vulnerable adults?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My son and his girlfriend was living at my address for a while,the police was called a few times because of arguments,I asked them to leave,he no longer lives at my address,yes I work with children,and needed the dbs to childmind at my address
Ok.

So what were his convictions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm not sure,but I think the lowest form of domestic violence I think

When did he last live at your address?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
3 months ago

They are entitled to include his convictions as an associated person. Of course, its not your fault that he has these convictions but they are not assessing your character but the level of risk presented by having children in your care and that can include the risk presented by others associated with you.

To get them to remove this you are going to have to convince them that its not relevant. You might be able to do that if they are satisfied that he does not live there and will not return.

For what its worth, I am sympathetic. This is the problem that is caused when women like his girlfriend use the police as a mediation service. However, it has happened and there's no way of turning the clock back. I suppose for the future though you should really take on board that as soon as somebody starts making allegations of abuse or reveals that they have done so its a good idea to remove yourself from them. Maybe the risks are not ones to worry about. Maybe they are. Don't run the risk.

You will find details here

https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/appeals-and-disputes

upon how to appeal. It might be worth checking if there has been a mistake as well. Obviously he does have something but if this is a person who is always on the phone to the police then you need to check whether or not they are accurate.

The real appeal though is just the barring decision essentially on the basis that there is new information about your circumstances.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/