75100385

I have paid for goods to won a distributor franchise from a

I have paid for goods to won a distributor franchise from a Florida based company in October 2013 I am now advise it was administratively dissolved but they are still supplying their products and have other flourishing . I have requested for my funds back and they have gone silent. I am based in the UK and I have already advised my bank to see if they can recall my funds. I need a florida based lawyer to advise - when I started looking into his company he changed directors to his wife and also he tried to force to me offset some funds to invest in an IPO I contacted the Division of Securities
Florida Office of Financial Regulation who replied with:
In response to your Public Records Request relating to Co AAAAAA., a diligent search of the records of the Office of Financial Regulation reveals no records responsive to your request for records. $40,000.00 is a lot of money to loose and I do not want their products but they have refused to contact me again what can I do?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

I assume you paid by bank transfer and not at all by credit card please?

Customer:

YES I PAID BY BANK TRANSFER

Alex Watts : Have the bank refused or just not responded, your bank that is?
Customer:

HELLO HSBC HAS CONTACTED CITI BANK SO IT IS A WAITING GAME!

Alex Watts :

Ok - its bad news then I am afraid.

Alex Watts :

I can only give you advice on UK law as a UK Solicitor which is where you posted the question

Alex Watts :

HSBC are reliant on Citibank - you can not force HSBC to give you the funds unless they get them back

Alex Watts :

The bank will recall the funds which means contact the account holder.

Alex Watts :

Of course they can just say no and you are stuck

Alex Watts :

If they were in the UK then you would be able to sue here.

Alex Watts :

But sadly because you have sent funds abroad you could issue a claim in the UK but it could be ignored by the Courts in Florida.

Alex Watts :

Therefore you need to issue proceedings in Florida.

Alex Watts :

They do have a small claims procedure and for details you can see here:

Alex Watts :

http://www.floridabar.org/TFB/TFBResources.nsf/0/5E3D51AF15EE8DCD85256B29004BFA62/$FILE/Small%20Claims.pdf?OpenElement

Alex Watts :

I dont know what exactly happens as I am a UK Solicitor.

Alex Watts :

But that is the process you need to follow - issue a small claim in Florida

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thanks for all...

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer:

One last question please and YES I am please with your communication - when the bank approaches him why would he say YES he would like to refund is he given a choice or is he just advised that there is a recall and that is all? I have taken on board the need for a Florida office...

Alex Watts : I have no idea. Generally the customer would be told there is a recall and do they accept it.
Alex Watts : Of course as soon as you sent the money he could have tAken it out.
Alex Watts : Or he told the bank no.
Alex Watts : In that case sadly you are stuck with enforcement in Florida.
Alex Watts : I wish it were better news - I am sorry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On point, clear, concise and indepth - he is a very good person and wanted to give more than expected