29905560

Hi, I am due to have a pre. Employment check on wed and I am

Hi, I am due to have a pre. Employment check on wed and I am wondering if they will carry out a drugs test. Its a healthcare job and I havetaken prescribed medication as well as un prescribed. I am worried I will fail the test

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you been told they will actually carry out such a test?
Customer:

No they have not mentioned a drug test but they said that they would be taking blood samples

Ben Jones :

You have the right to ask them what they will be testing for because they will have strict duties under data protection to ask for your permission first before carrying out such tests. So whilst they may be taking blood samples, you can ask them for details of what they will be testing for in advance

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this?