29905560

i was scammed 3000 pounds by us petroleum holbing.is there

i was scammed 3000 pounds by us petroleum holbing.is there any way i can get my money back

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How did you pay them?

JACUSTOMER-nxhmh5gr- :

cheque

Ben Jones :

How do you know you have lost the money?

JACUSTOMER-nxhmh5gr- :

ihave read that they are a boiler room scam and i cant get in touch with them

Ben Jones :

ok let me get my response ready please

JACUSTOMER-nxhmh5gr- :

ok

Ben Jones :

It is unfortunate that you have been caught in a boiler room scam, but due to the nature of these scams and the slippery nature of the individuals behind them, it is extremely rare for victims to recover any money that has been lost. There are very few success stories and these are far and in between so I would not wish to give you false hope.

Pursuing them yourself is almost guaranteed to be a waste of time and the best chance of getting anything back is to leave this in the hands of the authorities who can try and trace these fraudsters and freeze any bank accounts or assets they may have, using the proceeds of these to compensate the victims. But due to the volume of such fraud and the fact it is generally easy for the perpetrators to vanish into cyberspace.

So you need to report this to the authorities:

http://www.scotland.police.uk/keep-safe/advice-for-victims-of-crime/fraud/boiler-room-fraud/

They will then take the necessary steps, if possible, to try and pursue these people.

Ben Jones :

Before you try and exit chat can you please let me know if your original query has been answered or if you need me to clarify anything else in relation to it before I close this at my end?

JACUSTOMER-nxhmh5gr- :

who do i report the fraudsters to

Ben Jones :

The link is above

JACUSTOMER-nxhmh5gr- :

ok thanx

Ben Jones :

You are welcome, all the best