I am being bribed by a woman who got me to expose myself on

I am being bribed by a woman who got me to expose myself on Skype today. She has a video of it and has threatened me to put it on Facebook and Youtube if I don't transfer £500 through Western Union to the Philippines. She also showed me how she hacked my friends' profiles so there's no doubt they're serious. I've read online that the best course of action is to report it to the police and that the video will never make it on Facebook or Youtube, but I find it hard to believe that.
What can I do?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Dont fret about this.
Alex Watts : It won't get onto youtube or facebook because it is porn in effect and they will take it down.
Alex Watts : Therefore these are empty threats to try and blackmail you.
Alex Watts : Ignore all emails from this person and report it to the police.
Alex Watts : You have nothing to worry about.
Alex Watts : Youtube and Facebook will remove it for the content.
Alex Watts : Can I claiify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts : Make sure you also change ALL your passwords online.

Thank you for the response.

So do Facebook or Youtube take it down after it is being posted or do they block it in the first place?

Alex Watts : If its a known problem account they would block it straight away. But then if it was posted one of their moderators would remove it.

So there is the possibility that video goes online before being removed?

Alex Watts : Yes but not for long. And you have to remember there are millions upon millions of people online. They are not going to care about it being on.

That's not what I'm worried about but that she can actually hack my friends accounts and might post it from there

Alex Watts : No. You and your friend need to change passwords. That will stop it.
Alex Watts : Also make sure your anti virus and windows software is up to date
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything?

Thank you. I can't force all my friends to change their passwords though.

Alex Watts : No but if you tell them their account has been hacked they should.

I know the person on Facebook and reported her to Facebook.She expects me to transfer the money tomorrow via Western Union. I already have the name of the recipients in the Philippines and she contacts me on Skype. Can the police track them down?

Alex Watts : If you send by western union it's the same as cash, it can't be traced.
Alex Watts : Do not do anything, report it to the Police.
Alex Watts : @ DO NOT PAY ANYTHING @
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything?

Well unfortunately I have folded under the pressure today and paid £300

It's not the money really, but I read that the video won't be deleted anyway, so what should I reply tomorrow? Threaten back or just delete this person on Skype and that's it?

Alex Watts : Yes. I am so sorry you have paid.
Alex Watts : But do that delete and block.
Alex Watts : Does that help?

Ok thank you. I will keep the contact on Skype when I go to the police tomorrow to show them and delete it afterwards

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

Alex Watts :

Please take a moment to leave feedback before you go mtoday

Alex Watts :

@ today @

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience