29905560

WE BOOKED YESTERDAY WITH LOWCOST HOLIDAYS FOR ACCOMMODATION

WE BOOKED YESTERDAY WITH LOWCOST HOLIDAYS FOR ACCOMMODATION AND FLIGHTS TO MAJORCA - ONLY TO REALISE LATER (OUR OWN FAULT) THAT THEY ARE NO LONGER ATOL PROTECTED - DO WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL WITHIN 7 DAYS AS WE BOOKED OVER THE TELEPHONE - BEARING IN MIND THEY HAVE NOW MOVED THEIR BUSINESS TO SPAIN

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Did your contract have the right to cancel?

Customer:

I DONT KNOW - I DONT HAVE IT WITH ME - MY FRIEND DID THE BOOKING - I THOUGHT ANY DISTANCE SALES WERE SUBJECT TO A COOLING OFF PERIOD

Ben Jones :

well usually yes, but there is a specific exclusion for package holidays and travel. You can check this exclusion here:

http://www.buyerbeware.co.uk/distanceselling.shtml

In these cases you are only covered by the contract you had agreed to and the cancellaiton terms contained within, which is why you must check what the agreement terms are

Customer:

oK i will get hold of the contract and check it - may I get back to you with further questions tomorrow if I need to without need for further payment (only on this subject obviously)

Customer:

I phone my friend and there is only the computer printout that they emailed us and it has no mention of cancellation

Ben Jones :

Yes of course you can get back to me with follow up questions relating to this

Customer:

Thanks - I will contact you tomorrow when I can find out more

Ben Jones :

No problem, just for tonight can you please leave a rating for the service this evening, the question will remain open and you can return to it as necessary, thank you