29905560

Recalling a financial transfer is this difficult UK to USA

Recalling a financial transfer is this difficult UK to USA bank

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is the purpose of the recall?

Customer:

Franchise distributorship that went wrong once I commenced remitting funds it turned into an IPO investment as well I have not recieved any goods and I do not wish for any of their goods BUT they have refused to return £24k GBP HSBC has sent a request to Citibank based on claims of Fraud

Ben Jones :

When was the money transferred?

Customer:

Oct, Nov, December 2013

Ben Jones :

Once the money has been sent and the transfer complete it is extremely difficult, often impossible to recall the money. A bank transfer is more or less the same as sending cash and once it has been transferred to the recipient's bank account then it can usually only be recalled with their consent. The ease or even possibility of recalling this would depend on the policies of the recipient's bank too - as they are in the US it is impossible for me to say what these are and how easy it would be. As such the only way is to lodge a complaint with your bank and they will then begin the process and contact the other bank

Customer:

Agreed but I have not stock and inessence have paid for nothing hence I guess I will need to sue..

Ben Jones :

that is the usual way to try and recover the money - as mentioned with bank transfers you are basically sending cash and the proteciton you get is not the same as if you had paid by credit card for example

Customer:

Very well.

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks