75100385

i need help writing a deformation case to Google. If i send

Customer Question

i need help writing a deformation case to Google. If i send you the links to the pages can you point out which statements made on the pages are unlawful in the UK?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Yes but you need to state which ones are untrue please.

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

ok so if i state to you what is untrue can you put it legally

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

google asks:

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

what it is about the page's content that is defamatory according to the laws in force in your country

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

abalard Wed 29-Aug-12 06:59:59

If its the same woman .. she has reappeared.. Grumpy but Gorgeous in oldbury. Also unconfiirmed she may have been trading between February and May this year at Mosely.

langtonlady Mon 09-Sep-13 16:53:52

Little Divas has become Grumpy But Gorgeous - don't use them!

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

we never became grumpy but gorgeous

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

and this search is coming up for my business which is not little divas and never has been

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

we are a limited company

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3131520

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

trading under new name - not trading under new name - different enterty - there are persona pages on here for my personal facebook pages which i only found today.

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE] 24-03-2011, 10:09 PM

MoneySaving Newbie

Join Date: Feb 2011

Posts: 5

Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE] Little divas = grumpy but gorgeous = scam

It most certainly is shes back to scam more people out of more money!!!! my friend was one of the people LITTLE DIVAZ scammed out of money, its evil her daughter was distraught... thank god for other friends helping out and getting another company in!!
BEWARE PEOPLE!! LITTLE DIVAZ not divas sorry!

Last edited by lizzie2001; 24-03-2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: SPELLING MISTAKE

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

i need someone to help find defermation stuff on here, i want my life back

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

all of these people are anonymous

Alex Watts :

In short its because they say its a scam? Do they name your Company though I can't see?

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

yes

Alex Watts : Where do they name the company?
JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

i think in the actual posts. to be honest i cant read the things on there they are so hurtful but i can get my partner to read through and look

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

if they dont name my company it wouldnt come up in the search results for my company

Alex Watts : But the posts are from money' saving expert - not google?
JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

yes but they appear on googles search results when you type in grumpy but gorgeous or grumpy but gorgeous reviews

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

so i need to prove to google they are defamatory against my website and search results for my website and they will remove them from the actual search results

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

its a quicker way for me to get them removed from the internet, they will still exist

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

but will only be found directly through mse website

Alex Watts : But the comments are not in the google search, they just appear in the same listing.?
Alex Watts : The comments are not on the link but contained on Mse website?
JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

yes i understand this, my problem is not removing the comments, i would like to do this if i could but, i can get the entire page listing which appears in my companies search results removed

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

if i can show evidence to google that the page is defamatory, google will stop that page from showing up in my search results

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

so that my customers can stop seeing it

Alex Watts : Were bookings taken by you?
JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

what bookings?

Alex Watts : Well they are saying on MSE bookings were taken but no shows
JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

the thing is, i dont know who they are, so if i dont know who they are how can i say if that happened to them or not. we have never ever had that many no shows and always kept our customers informed

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

we had little divaz when i was 18 and took on too much than i could cope with and the wrong customers that did write to newspapers but never about not turning up. about having a rubbish party, but unfortunately they got what they paid for. i have taken the newspaper articles on the chin

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

i thought we could get past that

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

but then we opened a salon and we signed up to kgb deals and living social who sell voucher deals for companies

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

they failed to pay us for any of the vouchers sold and we had so many people coming with vouchers we decided to close the business as it wasnt making any money

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

we had no contact or payment details for these people

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

and the voucher companies wouldnt give them a refund

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

even after me telling them to do so

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

so the people who had purchased vouchers presumed i had taken their money and done a runner

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

when in actual fact it wasnt my fault nor their

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

they were pointing the finger at the wrong person and i ended up being branded a scam artist

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

also, i was only going to be receiving £8 of their voucher money with the voucher company getting the rest of the money they paid which was around £40

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

per voucher

Alex Watts : And you have set up a new company, is that right?
JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

no

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

this company has always been here

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

its the oldest company of all

Alex Watts : what about the link with this new photo they see saying you are Kate?
JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

i have today managed to get that removed, i think it was the mumsnet link

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

they have removed that page for us today because of the personal posts on there

Alex Watts : Yes but was that you?
JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

they were all my companies yes

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

but i have never committed fraud or scammed any one

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

my staff don't unintentionally ruin kids birthday parties

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

i mean intentionally

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

i have now incorporated my company as someone said this is the best way for people to see you are an actual company

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

so i did that

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

and i never ran off with peoples money

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

i have always been on the end of the telephone or email to resolve issues with everyone

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

i have never been arrested or interviewed by the police

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

i called trading standards myself for them to help me

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

which they did by going through everything in my business

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

including terms and conditions loads of things

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

HOW CAN I GET THESE FORUMS OFF THE INTERNET

Alex Watts :

No-one is saying you have committed fraud.

Alex Watts :

I dont think based on what you have said you can get Google to remove it

Alex Watts :

This is because there is truth to what has been said.

Alex Watts :

I think your only case is against the posters

Alex Watts :

This means you would need to go to Court and get an order that MSE give you the details of the posters.

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

do you know that another barrister on here has given a completely different answer?

Alex Watts :

Then once you have this then you can go after the individuals.

Alex Watts :

The problem is this - you have said that what they are saying is pretty much true

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

yes but the individuals have no money

Alex Watts :

On that basis Google wont remove it

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

so whats the point

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

i cant sue them

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

ok thank you.

Alex Watts :

But you can't sue Google - they are not responsible for this content.

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

any i dont want to

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

all i have to do, it prove to google that the content is not relevant to the search term grumpy but gorgeous

Alex Watts :

Not relevant - ok that is a different matter to Grumpy but gorgeous - lets just call it grmpy

Alex Watts :

grumpy

Alex Watts :

You can say to Google that this is not even a review, it is a random posting and therefore has not been vetted, you have not given a right to reply and it is damaging to your business

Alex Watts :

It is just ramblings by some people who 'claim' to have been scammed.

Alex Watts :

You have not been subject to any legal proceedings or prosecution

Alex Watts :

Therefore it is unfair and damaging to your business

Alex Watts :

That is what you need to say

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

thank you very much!

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

is there a better way i could put this

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

sorry to be a pest

JACUSTOMER-ixzgz2g7- :

but as a solicitor is there a formal way in which this would be written

Alex Watts :

No - it is obvious from that. You could get a Solicitor to write a letter for you, but this would cost around £150.

Alex Watts :

Sadly we can not write letters for you or be instructed on your behalf.