UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I registered to a modelling website and they replied with an

Customer Question

I registered to a modelling website and they replied with an invitation for a test shoot. When I got to the shoot the team took pictures and at end they said the agency like me and that because I don't have a portfolio they would offer to sell me the pictures. I told the lady I had no money but she said I didn't have to pay it all at once and calculated a monthly value. I agreed and signed to pay monthly. I have paid the first payment and the 2nd one is coming up, however I was told by the lady I would need at 20 max 30 pictures so they charged me a lot of money for about 34 pictures, but the agency emailed me asking me to send only six pictures. I went online to do some more research about the agency and found out a lot of customer reviews who deemed them "fake" and that they only want people to buy over priced bad quality pictures. After excess of research I had serious doubts so I emailed the agency asking to speak with them and that I would appreciate it if they spoke with me on phone. However they insisted I just email them so they can have it on record. Now I want to stop paying for the pictures but since I signed a contract am bound. Any advice please?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You may treat the contract as cancelled if you were misled into entering into, as appears to be the case.

You have rights under the Misrepresentation Act 1967 to rescind the contract on the grounds that you were misrepresented into entering it.

I suggest you send the Agency an email and tell them that you will not be making any further payments and that as far as you are concerned, the contract which you signed with them is not valid on the grounds of misrepresentation.

You may also ask them to refund the money already paid.

Hope this helps