UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

i got a phone call on my home phone no on 13 feb. they claimed

Customer Question

i got a phone call on my home phone no on 13 feb. they claimed they were technicians phoning from microsoft, california. told me my laptop was corrupted by loads of viruses and malware. they asked me to download loads of different files and then asked me for an id number after downloading these files. my id number kept coming up as error, so i just hung up the phone. is this a scam call, and is my account after been hacked
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

It seems that the phone call was a scam and it is very likely that you have uploaded viruses and malware onto your computer.

I suggest you either install an antivirus and firewall or you take your laptop to a PC expert to look at and clean up.

Hope this helps