I saw a motorhome advertised on line. I phoned the guy about it and we agreed a price. The same day I found out I could not get Fully comprehensive insurance and I told him sorry I don't want it. No money has exchanged hands. He agreed but now he has emailed me saying I have broken his verbal contract and he will charge me as yet unspecified costs. Can he do this?
Hello Alex JThank you so much for your answer. Here is a copy of the email he sent after I told him I didn't want the vehicle. On the phone he appeared to understand I didn't want the vehicle because I couldn't insure it properly. He then becomes persistent by email and he then becomes threatening. email 1 ; * paul gurteen * * Feb 17 at 6:29 PMTo* Chris BarnesI've found at least 2 options for insuring if you're still keen. Call me when you can. Sent from Paul Gurteens' iPhoneOn 17 Feb 2014, at 15:06, Chris Barnes <[email protected]I wasn't still keen all the insurance companies I checked couldn't insure me and he couldn't know my circumstances. It would have cost me heavily to escape my present insurer in any case. email 2 : * paul gurteen * * Feb 17 at 10:05 PMTo* Chris BarnesChris,Having given a great deal of thought to our situation, I consider we had a verbal contract and due to the inconvenience and expense caused I must look for compensation. Either you honour our agreement or I think it only fair you cover my costs.I would appreciate your comments within 24 hours. I will forward our correspondence to my solicitors tomorrow who will take matters forward from here. I will forward details of my costs tomorrow and am prepared to wait until 10pm for a reply.Sent from my iPad. Apologies for any typo's.Do I respond to these emails please or do I just ignore them???Kind regardsChris
Hi Thank you so much for this!