Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

we booked a flight & hotel for egypt on 10/09/2013 to fly out

Customer Question

we booked a flight & hotel for egypt on 10/09/2013 to fly out 11/10/2013, 6.15pm 10/10/2013 my husband got a call saying the hotel was over booked & we was transfered to another hotel in el gouna, when we arrived there on the 11/10/2013, the hotel had no booking for us we were stranded.We had to stay in another hotel but could only get a room for 3 nights at 130Euros a night,as it was a festival,all hotels booked from the 14th. We found a duplex by chance from someone in a cafe, but had to pay 1,200Euros for the duration of our holiday. We have had numerous emails to & from lowcost only to be reimbersed the sum of £344.63p which was the first hotel booked by lowcost. Lowcost asked for all receipts which we sent to them. Do we have any chance of getting anything else back & if so how do we deal with, as we do not know what to do next. Thank you XXXXX
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

From what you say am I correct to understand this was a package holiday you booked please?

Joshua :

Do you have any evidence that the replacement hotel booking was not available for you either - e.g. any confirmation from them or anything of that nature please?

Joshua :

Would you like to continue?