29905560

a client is slandering my company online even though i have

a client is slandering my company online even though i have evidence that her claims are rubbish we have asked the webpage server to remove it but apparently yelp are notoriously unfair with a history of this kind and they wont as she stands by her claim but we have evidence that she is a liar.she had soundproofing done and said it has not worked we offered her an independent soundtest paid for by us and offered to fully reimburse her should the sound test show no improvement.the soundtest would have been carried out by a consultant of her choice as long as they were UKAS accredited or similar.she copied us in on an email by mistake stating she would have a sound test but was scared it would show an improvement but is stilling going on line staing we would give her no gaurantee

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What would you like to know about this?

Customer:

where is the answer to my question on the left

Ben Jones :

Hi, please see my initial query above - there is a statement with information on the left but no actual question for me to answer, please clarify what your question is, thanks

Customer:

how can i stop her from slandering us online because yelp are the only site still showing her review of our services all the others have removed it as abuse we have texts from her calling me a thief and a crook which we have sent to yelp but to no avail.she is going on line saying we are not honouring our guarantee but offered her her money back if a independent soundtest showed the ceilings had not worked.she knows the soundtest would go in our favour so is trying to take us to court instead as it is her last chance she is dishonest and is trying to blackmail us into giving her her money back through being malicous.once the case goes to small court and we win what can i do to get the review removed.i have been told defamation would cost £30,000 but if its cheaper want to know if its worth it and would the court order her to remove her review if we win in the small claims court

Ben Jones :

Whilst not necessarily as expensive as £30,000, a defamation claim would be very expensive and not something I would recommend. You are most likely looking at at least £15,000, without any guarantee of success either.

Another option is a claim for malicious falsehood – usually cheaper than defamation and can be used as a ‘cheaper’ alternative. This is however a separate claim to the one in the small claims court for your losses.

In terms of stopping the woman making he comments, that will be difficult – no one can physically prevent her from doing so again in the future, regardless of what court orders you have. The small claims court will not issue an order forcing her to remove the comments and you cannot force Yelp to do so either unless you have a court order against them – these are all separate claims and you will have to pursue them separately to the small claims one you have currently ongoing. It would be a claim in the county court for malicious falsehood, you can seek to get a court order as part of it to get the comments removed but it would be for the court to decide whether to issue that.

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks

Customer:

thank you i have got more out of you than the last company i used and thank you for your advise.they never mentioned the other option just the costly defamation route,can i review her on the same site after the court case and state she is a "sad case" with nothing better to do but slag companys off.for the record she is doing this against other companys

Ben Jones :

I would advise against starting a slanging match online where you keep calling each other names - stick to the point, be factual and simply state that she has engaged in similar behaviour against others in the past and provide examples if possible - then leave it at that.