UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

can I have an agreement draw up that would be legally binding

can I have an agreement draw up that would be legally binding in a case of child maintenance and visitations?
I keep reaching agreements with the mother of my children regarding maintenance but she then changes her mind willynilly and moves the goal posts.

It will all depend on what mood she wakes up in and I want to try and get some stability in my childrens' lives as they don't know if they are coming or going most of the time.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, you may make what is known as a family based child maintenance arrangement but this is not legally binding even though both of you sign it. To make it legally binding, you may apply to the court for a consent order based on the contents of the agreement.

I suggest that you contact Child Maintenance Options for free assistance in drawing up the agreement : http://www.cmoptions.org/index.

All the best