75100385

I live in sheltered housing in Hale,owned by Trafford Housing

I live in sheltered housing in Hale,owned by Trafford Housing Trust,i had a argument with a non resident,but a visitor to a lady,who i believe are close,i was reported by this person,and was interviewed by two people from the trust,that was on the 17th Jan14,since then i have heard nothing,is there a time limit for thr trust to inform me as to what is going to happen,i was told that i could face a warning,meaning three warnings you are out,my wife and i have lived here for the past 20 years with no trouble,the lady in question has lived here for months,and caused numerous problems,can you help??

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What type of tenancy do you have? Have you had any other warnings etc?

Customer:

i have had no warnings before this problem

Customer:

this is rented accommadation,my wife being the scheme manager,we live in residential accomm

Customer:

i was interviewed at home,no warning of the interview,the intervier did,nt even introduce herself,the other person taking notes,was my wifes boss,at no time did the interviewer introduce herself,and to this day i do not know who she is,or what she is in the trust,can i ask to see the notes taken by my wifes boss??

Alex Watts :

I would not worry about this.

Alex Watts :

You would have to be served with a formal warning.

Alex Watts :

Ask for their policy on eviction / anti social behaviour - this will give you an idea of what they should and need to do. These are the steps they MUST follow.

Alex Watts :

Once you have this you will have an idea of what happens.

Alex Watts :

Therefore generally they should warn you before taking any type of proceedings.

Alex Watts :

After all if you have been there 20 years they can not just give you a notice to quit - that would be wholly unreasonable and subject to challange.

Alex Watts :

Therefore you have nothing to worry about.

Alex Watts :

Assuming they did give you a notice to quit, you could contest any possession proceedings in Court.

Alex Watts :

Even if the Judge did find anti social behaviour they could suspend a possession order on terms that you simply with the terms of the tenancy.

Alex Watts :

Therefore you should not be concerned - you have been there too long just to be thrown out

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about his today please?

Customer:

hi and thanks,is there a time scale,that they have to let me know what is going to happen,as this has been going on for over a month,and i still don,t know anything

Alex Watts :

No timescale, but if proceedings were issued you would be notified at least 28 days before any hearing

Alex Watts :

Does this help?