12826847

I have been charged with possession of 0.15 grams of Mcat

I have been charged with possession of 0.15 grams of Mcat ( mephedrone). I was expecting a caution to be honest. I can't get legal aid for a solicitor ad it is a minor charge. Will I end up with a fine or is there a possiblility of a discharge or caution? To get this will I need to pay for a solicitor? I can't really afford as I'm on £14,000 a year. (Really don't need a drugs charge on my record) I havnt been charged with drugs before, only a drink driving charge about 7years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How many hits would you get from 0.15 ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Maybe 1 line.
Do you know why they didn/t offer a caution?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I was just put on bail and they told me a date to return and they carved me, I now have a court date in 3 weeks. The way I was caught was I was in a car with ny friend and he crashed as we both had a drink we panicked and run up the street (stupid I know) he got charged with drink driving and reckless driving and I got done with just possession of class b drug. Could this of gone against me?

Yes, it could but it probably wouldn't justify a charge rather than a caution. If an offence is suitable then its suitable for a caution.

In any event, if this is a small amount od rugs for personal use and you have no relevant offences then you are likely facing either a fine of £100 or a day in custody deemed served.

Any ofther disposal is rare on a first offence at the Magistrates.

I do realise that you have a bit of previous but its all dissimilar from this offence so the court would disregard it.

A solicitor can always write to them making representations that you should be cautioned but there are no powers to force them.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks for you help and time.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/