UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Four years ago l signed up to a timeshare for 3 weeks a year

Customer Question

Four years ago l signed up to a timeshare for 3 weeks a year at the cost of £7,000 l paid the money in full by bacs, there were three partners two english men & 1 Bulgarian lady during the sale they had a fall out and shut down the company. The two english men who live in the uk and both have verh successful other businesses here said they would help me get my money back but it never happened and they have just walked away from the situation saying l need to pursue the 3rd partner who is in bulgaria. It was one of the english partners who took me to the resort and introduced me to the deal, he also asked that hisname was placed against the sale to gain his commission at the time but now says he is no longer involved. I have contracts but the release of my share % was never signed over.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Unless your agreement was with any of the 3 individuals personally, I am afraid you would have a very difficult time getting anything back if your agreement was with the company and the company has no assets left.

It does not matter that the 3 individuals introduced you to the timeshare company I am afraid, they would not be liable personally unless and until they guaranteed the performance of the timeshare company or your agreement was with them personally.

Sorry, but I can only advise you on the law.

If the company is in liquidation/administration, you would need to get in touch with the liquidator/administrator to see if there is any money left to pay you back.

All the best