13262538

I am in the midst of a divorce. We are at Nisi .I seperasted

Customer Question

I am in the midst of a divorce. We are at Nisi
.I seperasted from my husband in June 2012.
We have lived seperate lives including financially since October 2012.
We are also in the middle of residency and contact court orders since my husband attacked me in september 2013 and was charged.
The children are living with me since the court ordered me occupation of the matrimonial home since the attack.
My question is: My husbands divorce lawyer has issued a financial statement (Not issued through the court), asking for 2 years accounts (I am self employed) and 2 years bank statements despite us living apart from october 2012 and being financially self sufficiant. I would like to sell the house and settle the divorce but I am worried that my husband has on my money. Since we lived apart from October 2012, does he have a claim on my money?

Gill
I am afraid that you do indeed have to disclose all your accounts right up to the day that the final Order is agreed - as doe she.
The court will take account of all assets that you exah have - whenever they were acquired.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your answer.

If I venture into a small business deal in the short term, will I have to disclose it?

Gill

If you expend funds on it - or get an income from it then yes at some point it will need to be disclosed